With lower Covid cases and new guidelines, Trinity Student Ministries is making plans and doing things! We are planning to go to Carowinds on June 24. (The current guidelines from Carowinds website say that mask are required except when eating or drinking– I will be checking for any changes to this as we get closer to the 24th).
We will meet at the Trinity Youth Building at 9:45am on that Thursday. We’ll take the church buses to Carowinds and will return around 6:30pm.
Student safety on trips is my first priority. This is my first trip with our student ministry, so here are the rules and guidelines I will be following and enforcing, in addition to the Safe Sanctuary Policies.
- Students are not allowed to drive themself or other students. They will need to ride with the group on the church busses. Only their parent or guardian can drive them to Carowinds or home separately.
- While on the busses, all students will be in a seat, wearing a seatbelt the whole time.
- Students will be in a “buddy system” with students from our ministry. No one will walk around alone or meet up with other friends who aren’t on the trip with us.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the park. If a parent needs to pick their child up early from the park, we will need to work out a plan ahead of time.
- Younger students will be with an adult or will do check-in’s throughout out the day.
- Friends are always welcome. However, friends have to be 6th to 12th grade students and must be willing to adhere to these rules.
If a student won’t adhere to these rules, an adult will have to come get the student from the park and participation in future trips will be have to be evaluated.
Now, on to the fun details!
- Fill out our online google form. Please fill out and submit by June 20.
- Pre-bought tickets are $35 for entrance. I need to have this money and student’s information by June 13 to get this price. After that, students can purchase a ticket on line at the regular price and bring it with them. I will need final numbers by June 20. Cost should never be a reason not to come on a trip with TSM. Please, let me know how we can be of assistance.
- Students will need to have money with them for lunch and refreshments.
- Yes, rising 6th graders are welcome to come!
- Yes, you can bring a friend!
- Wear cool, comfortable clothes and shoes. Remember that some of the extreme rides require shoes that will stay on.
Lastly, I will need a few adults to make this trip happen. They will need to be in the park with us and possibly walking around with students. It’s a great opportunity to fellowship with our awesome students and have a fun day. It’s also a chance to hang with your kid in an easy way! You are not required to ride any rides, but you certainly can if you want. Your cost will be reduced or free for entrance.
As always, any questions or concerns with this trip or anything related to Student Ministry, please feel free to email me at
Youth and Adult Discipleship Director
Trinity United Methodist Church