We are excited to welcome you as a member of the Trinity family!
We hope that by taking our new members class you will come to learn more about our beliefs, our history, and our vision for the future.
Path to Membership
- Start by clicking here and taking our online Spiritual Gifts assessment (save your results for step #2).
- Fill out our New Member Form below.
- Attend our New Members class and meet the Trinity family.
- Be baptized and make a profession of faith (if you have not already done this at some point in your lifetime).
- Take the vows of membership during a Sunday worship service.
Vows of Membership
When joining The United Methodist Church, members make a covenant (promise) to do the following:
- To renounce the spiritual forces of wickedness, reject the evil powers of the world, and repent of your sin;
- To accept the freedom and power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, and oppression;
- To confess Jesus Christ as Savior, put your whole trust in his grace, and promise to serve him as your Lord;
- To remain faithful members of Christ’s holy church and serve as Christ’s representatives in the world;
- To be loyal to Christ through The United Methodist Church and do all in your power to strengthen its ministries;
- To faithfully participate in its ministries by your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness;
- To receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
After finishing our New Members class, you have an opportunity to take these vows of membership during a Sunday worship service.
View this document to learn more about our membership vows.
New Member Class
We offer New Member classes throughout the year. Please email Peter Underhill or contact the church office – (803) 786-1637 ext. 13 – if you are interested in joining a New Member class.