WORSHIP & COVID-19
We are currently holding both in-person and virtual services on Sunday mornings. Join us at 9:15am for our Contemporary service and at 11:15am for the Traditional service; The 11:15am service is also livestreamed on Facebook. We hope you’ll join us for worship!
Please join us on Sunday mornings for worship! We offer two different worship services. The early, contemporary service is at 9:15am in the Youth Building and the traditional service is at 11:15am.
When visiting, please fill out a connection card and place it in the basket or the offering plate. We hope that you might join us for an hour of fellowship from 10:15-11:15am during our Connection Time.
Become a Member!
We would love for you to become a member here at Trinity. Come forward during the invitation after Sunday sermons or contact Pastor Scott at (803) 786-1637 or email Pastor Scott Smoak. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call.
Who We Are
The people of The United Methodist Church are part of the second largest Protestant denomination in the United States. Our worldwide connection includes approximately 12.5 million members.
The United Methodist Church was formed when the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church merged in 1968. But we trace our heritage back to the movement begun in 1729 in England by John and Charles Wesley.
Find out more about our history
What We Believe
The United Methodist Church is a 12.5-million-strong global church that opens hearts, opens minds and open doors through active engagement with our world. Read more about the church’s mission statement. Wesley and the early Methodists placed primary emphasis on Christian living, on putting faith and love into action. This emphasis on what Wesley referred to as “practical divinity” has continued to be a hallmark of United Methodism today.
History of Trinity
Trinity had its beginnings in 1887, and in 1889, one acre of land was purchased for $100 for a church building on the present property. Trinity’s first building existed at that time as a one-room wooden white frame, box-style church with the front facing East on what is now US 21. Inside was a pump organ, screens for Sunday school, and a pot-bellied stove for heat. The original altar table sits in our welcome center with a picture of the old church above it (also pictured below).
In the 1960’s, leaders of the church saw a need for bigger and better facilities which was an enormous undertaking for only 20 active adult members. A groundbreaking ceremony for a new church was held at Trinity in the Spring of 1962, and by the fall of 1963, Trinity had a new sanctuary and the east educational wing. The west wing was completed in 1997. By 1989, the rapid growth of Blythewood and the surrounding areas was a factor in the phenomenal development of Trinity which had grown to about 300 members and now had a full time minister and parsonage. The need for a new sanctuary was obvious and in July 1989, ground was broken for a new sanctuary.
In October 1990, the first service was held in the present 350 seat sanctuary. The previous sanctuary became the fellowship hall. By the mid 1990’s the Blythewood area continued to grow at a rapid pace with subdivisions, schools, new businesses, and light industry. Trinity’s membership increased even more rapidly. The highlight of 1996 was the ground breaking ceremony for the Christian Life Center and the ribbon cutting ceremony held on August 31, 1997. The Christian Life Center houses many programs including Sunday school, the Child Care Center which is currently licensed for 199 children; Regan Roberts Basketball League; the seniors exercise program; Blythefest; and many other activities and events throughout the year.
As Trinity’s growth continued to over one thousand members, the new Youth Building and much needed parking lot was dedicated in 2013 and serves as a center for vital programs such as: our impressive Boy, Cub, and Girl Scout programs; youth and children’s programs; music programs; Hillclimbers, an active program for seniors; Vacation Bible School; the United Methodist Women; six additional Sunday School classrooms and meeting space; a large multipurpose room and kitchen; and one of the most involved of Trinity’s missions, Salkehatchie, where Trinity youth and adults from other churches restore homes of the indigent.
With God’s blessings, Trinity will continue to grow to serve and nurture disciples of our members and the community.